Please note that the application deadline is Thursday at 5 p.m. on the date specified for each program area. For the deadlines for each program area please see the Submission and Reporting Deadlines.
- If you’ve never used our system before, please register for a username and password.
- Once registered, login to our grants management portal.
- Add or update organization and contact information by completing your organization and personal profiles.
- Click the “New Proposals” icon to begin an application. Save your work periodically, as the application form will not auto-save. You may save an application in progress and return to it by clicking the “Current Proposals” icon on your home screen.
- Once your application is complete, click “Submit”. Submitted applications cannot be edited.
After you have submitted an application, your request will be considered. You may view/print a submitted application, but will not be able to edit it. The board decision dates can be found on the Submission and Reporting Deadlines page.
Application Overview & Required Attachments
• Review the application overview, which includes the application questions, word limits, and documents/attachments you will need to upload as part of the process. Download the Application Overview pdf before beginning to fill out the application, to make sure you have all the information you need.
• FUNDER WORKSHEET
We recommend drafting your responses in a word processing program (Microsoft Word, Google Docs, etc.) rather than directly in the online application form, particularly if you are working with several people to complete the application. Then, copy and paste your answers in the online application form.
Please note that all attachments must be uploaded as PDFs. When you upload a document you will not see it listed on the screen until you hit “Save Draft”.
The Foundation’s goal is to make the grant process as manageable as possible for prospective grantees. Please direct technical questions and feedback about the application process to Angela Eshun at 415-561-6540 x266 or email@example.com.
Reapplying for Support
Programs may re-apply for funding but can only receive funding for three consecutive years. After three consecutive years of funding, there must be a one-year break before submitting a new application. Please note: Receiving one grant is not a multi-year funding commitment. The board reviews all grant applications and makes funding decisions on an annual basis.
To reapply for funding follow the instructions listed for Active Grantees.